Japanese language immersion
Immersion is the practice of constantly exposing yourself to the target language in everyday life. Here are some interesting resources:
- Dogen is a YouTuber who creates extremely entertaining comedy videos in Japanese, and also has a series of paid videos on Japanese phonetics.
- subs2srs is a software that converts subtitle files into Anki decks.
- Miyachi is a Japanese-American rapper who often subtitles his videos.
- Tofugu is a Japanese-themed blog with articles about the language and other cultural topics. They also run a paid online SRS software called WaniKani , which is generally recommended as a more streamlined alternative to Anki.
- The /r/learnjapanese subreddit is a large forum with members of all skill levels.
- Atsugiri Jason is an American who does comedy in Japan that focuses on aspects of the language. His success can be attributed to matching the Japanese stereotype of Americans as loud and rude, rather than his comedic ability.